1. Booking Fee: The booking fee is due to secure the date and the balance of the amount agreed due on or before the date of the wedding.
2. Pre-Wedding Consultation: This normally happens at the time of booking. The Clients will outline broadly what is required and the Photographer will advise on planning, logistics and timings where needed. If required the Photographer is available to meet the Clients for an additional chat closer to the time of the wedding (usually about 2 weeks) to iron out the remaining details. In any case, we will contact you by phone a few days before the wedding to ensure that there have been no last minute changes.
3. Cooperation: The Clients and the Photographer consent to happily cooperating and communicating with each other to achieve the best possible result within the understanding of this contract. We recommend that the Photographer be provided with a helper (usually the Best Man) who will point out key individuals to be photographed. The Photographer may also require the assistance of the best man in organising family group shots. The Clients also agree to give the Photographer sufficient warning of key events at the wedding to give the Photographer time to prepare e.g. bouquet throwing, cutting the cake, speeches (if relevant), etc. Please note that not all guests at weddings like having their photo taken! In such cases the Photographer will use her discretion but cannot be held responsible for a lack of photos of these people.
4. The Schedule: Our shooting schedule, style of working and experience are designed to achieve a great set of wedding photos for the Clients, accomplished with good humour and enjoyed by all concerned. Both the Clients and the Photographer therefore agree that punctuality and cheerful cooperation are essential to producing great photographic results. In cases where the wedding does not run on time (for example, extreme lateness by one of the Clients arriving to the church) we cannot guarantee to take our full normal set of photos although in such circumstances we will do our absolute best to compensate.
5. Paparazzi Wedding Guests: Many of your guests will have digital cameras and iPhones and will want to photograph the Clients. This is completely understandable and part of the fun of your day for your guests. However, In the spirit of cheerful cooperation the Clients agree to give the Photographer precedence over the guests in order to take the photographs required for the wedding services described above. We cannot be held liable for a lack of wedding photos if guests taking their own photos of the Clients continually interrupt the Photographer's work.
6. House Rules: Please note that Photographers are sometimes limited by rules imposed by priests, registrars, ministers and venue management as to what can and cannot be done. For example some ministers insist that no photography is allowed at certain parts of the ceremony, and others will insist that the Photographers shoot from a specific location (sometimes not the best vantage point for key parts of the ceremony). In such circumstances the Clients agree to accept the technical limitations that may be imposed on the equipment used. We advise the Clients make themselves aware of the rules of the venue concerned and if necessary negotiate with the personnel concerned.
7. Model Release: A photographer relies on his/her portfolio of images to advertise photographic services. The Clients grant the Photographer and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns, the irrevocable and unlimited consent to use the photographs of the Clients for website, editorial, competition, advertising and other similar purposes.
8. Limit of Liability: If the Photographer is injured or too ill to supply the wedding services specified above the Photographer will try to book a replacement wedding photographer. Under some circumstances (and certain wedding packages) a second photographer is there for the day anyway and this second photographer will then shoot the day on his/her own. If both photographers are unavailable and a replacement photographer cannot be found then liability is limited to a refund of any payments received. The Photographers have working methods in place to prevent loss or damage to your images. However, there is the unlikely possibility that images may be lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons in or beyond our control. In these circumstances liability is limited to the return of fees paid for the service or part thereof according to the percentage of images supplied.
9. Cancellation: In the event of the Clients cancelling the contract for wedding services for whatever reason the booking fee is non-refundable.